Introducing new hero: Nuno Gaspar – Koderack
Nuno Gaspar, Xfive’s front-end developer, has being HEROized as Koderack. Nuno will tell us something about himself in the following interview.
How would you describe yourself to someone you’ve never met?
I am a happy person who thinks that every problem has a solution in one way or another and that it is not worth it to get upset.
I always try to see different points of view and I like to discover how things work.
When did you join Xfive?
March of 2012
What do you do at Xfive?
I’m a front-end developer. I give life and motion to customer designs.
Always striving to give the client something more than they had expected, even when they expect the best.
What are your favourite web development technologies?
- Sass and Less help me to optimize my work with CSS styles and allow for quick maintenance in the future.
- Icon fonts are amazing on all levels! After using it one time, you won’t want to use anything else.
What development tools do you use on a daily basis?
- Sublime Text 2 for coding, with some amazing packages like Emmet for HTML and CSS
- IcoMoon to build custom font icons
- Chrome DevTools
- LiveReload is a magical tool that allows you to save time during development.
- Photoshop & Illustrator to work with designs and vector files.
- WordPress as an amazing CMS
Which people or resources do you follow?
It’s complex task to manage information sources. Twitter gives us a hand, but it’s still a lot of information to sift through.
There a few people who I follow:
- Dan Cederholm at SimpleBits
- Chris Coyier at CSS-Tricks
- Jeremy Keith at Adactio
- Jason Santa Maria
- Lea Verou
… and other information compilations like:
What do you like to do in your free time?
Play with my family and friends, read a good book, learn new things, and read about history.
Tell us something about your superhero
Koderack has the strength and passion that I’ve always felt when working. It’s truly something amazing and magical to bring a design or idea to life.